Saturday, July 29, 2006

New Kitchen Shelf


My wonderful hubby surprised me yesterday with this shelf for my kitchen.....We have had the boards for a long time and thought about usng them for a hat rack but this idea was so much better..........Just when I think he has totally forgotten I am on this planet he does something outstanding for me........He has had such a hard time the last two years, five heart attacks,diabetes, neuropathy, a stint, PTSD, and now heart failure.. For the life of me I can't imagine my life without him in it........We married when I was 17 and he has been my whole life ever since..........I guess I'm having one of those no sleep nights. I do that when he has had a pretty bad evening..........I have always been able to fix it to make it better in our family and I get so mad because I have totally lost control of his health situation.....I would have never thought of myself as a control freak but guess what.......When I set my mind to make it better I expect it to be so......Any way too much bewildering on my part tonight.........The cornbread pan is a Griswald..I got it from my sister in law and I love it. I am so happy to have a place for it where it can be seen.....Roger wanted to know if I still had some dough rollers to put up and was kind of surprised when I pulled out eleven of them...So I like dough rollers too.....I think I love anything old especially Roger.

1 comment:

Linda S. said...

That's beautiful, Deb. Roger outdid himself...