Tuesday, October 24, 2006

McCoy Brown Drip


What a surprise yesterday when a friend dropped by and had this wonderful set of McCoy for me. I have a set of Hull brown drip that is almost like it but no McCoy. The teapot and sugar are in perfect condition but the creamer has a chip on the pour spout. we have been having wonderful weather here. I just love the fall but not looking forward to winter. My cousin from Wales is here visiting and she is sending me an antique Brown Betty teapot when she gets home. I have a new one but the old ones are what I want. they started making Brown betty's in the 1600's froma particular kind of clay found only in an area of England. I think it is almost like our Frankoma which is made from clay in Shawnee Oklahoma. I have a Frankoma teapot but it has never been a favorite with me. I guess I just can't get excited with that awful green. roger is feeling a little better i am glad to say but I have really limited his activities and it has seemed to help. Bless his heart he wants to do the things he did twenty years ago. Don't we all ? I hope you all have a wonderful week...... Happy teapot hunting.

No comments: