Friday, September 15, 2006

Yard Sale Find


I found these at a yard sale this morning for 25 cents. They are all signed Donald Zolan and each is numbered. The little girl bending over is looking at a catapiller. I thought they were wonderful. I am going to get little plate holders to put them in. From the research I did this morning this artist is known for his paintings of children. Anyway I'm happy with them. I also found some Avon eggs with birds painted on them. They are so pretty. I figure Linda will probally end up with them so I'll let her put them on her blog. Hubby is almost finished with the bird feeders and they are going to look great ! He had a really bad night last night. I couldn't get his blood pressure up until about 11:30 p.m. It just stayed at about 51 on the bottom and heart rate was 50 and 51. This scares me to death. I always make a pot of coffee and walk him around but nothing seemed to work for a long time. He got up this morning and his blood sugar was 258 so I gave him an insulin shot and he's resting now. Keep him in your prayers please. May the wind always be at your back and an angel resting on your shoulder...........

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Those plates are just gorgeous! Are they wall plaques, or placemats for dinner plates? Funny you should find the Avon eggs with birds on them. I had the set of those, but I think I might have sold them to an Avon collector a few years ago when I was short of money. Dammit, they were so pretty...
I am so sorry to hear about Roger's health problems. I'm going to have a warm lavender bath in a few minutes, and I find it is the best place to meditate and send White Light to my friends who need help. So I will send some White Light vibes to you both.
Hugs from Gina.

Gina E. said...

Debbie, I forgot to mention in that first post, I found a neat blog that you might like - it is English and dedicated to teapots!
http://teapotsteapotsteapots.blogspot.com/

Debbie Kathy Lela and Marilyn said...

Gina thanks for the White Light Vibes. I can use all the help I can get. The plates are only about 6"x4" and the go in the miniature plate holders. I have the English blog on my favorites list. Some of these are really funky. I bought a teapot lamp last night can't wait to put it on. Stay tuned.