Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Proud Nana


I have to tell you that we got a book of poetry this morning and in it is a poem my Grandson wrote. Winter

Cold, mind numbing cold
The light fluffy flakes landing softlyon the soil
All around it's white frozen fire
Freezing your fingers and your nose
There are no footprints,the sun has swallowed them up.
The tree's decorated thickly with the white fire
The animals scurry to get away
To find the hot bright sun hoping for its rays
The world seems to stand still, yet moves so quickly
A tiny yellow bird steps out
Onto a thick snow covered branch
The bird sings; it sings the song of winter
Written by Joey Lemmones Age 13

I am busting at the seams I am so proud. I almost forgot about the above teapot, duh. It is Orchard Ware made in California. I really think it is too big but it also is very pretty. I think I bought it at an auction but I'm not really sure. I am so glad to have this blog so I can share these wonderful things with so many people. For that I have Linda at Mish Mash to thank. I was so dumb I didn't even know what a blog was but there is no stopping me now......Til next time sweet dreams and remember there is an angel always on your shoulder.

2 comments:

Linda S. said...

You certainly have reason to be proud. That is really good! (And love the teapot, too..) grin
Now you need to start another blog for all your vintage linens!!?? Ya think?? grin

Joanne Chantelau said...

You should be proud of your grandson...what a lovely poem. I love poetry...and tea, too! It was fun visiting your site.