Monday, August 14, 2006

Royal Sealy Teapot


This little teapot has a paper sticker on the bottom that says Royal Sealy Japan. On the bottom to the side in red is 25/9 . I think I bought this at a garage sale in Texas. It has age crackle on the paint but is in perfect condition. Got all the towels done up today and I am ready for the heatherns this coming week-end. It is so hot you can't stand it out side. I am still praying for rain. Lots of rain..........Don't you just love the vibrant colors of the fruit on the teapot?.......Happy Trails

4 comments:

Linda S. said...

I really like the fruit on this teapot.. Sounds like reservations have been made already for the pool party this weekend...grin

Gina E. said...

What an unusual shape - and yes, the fruit design is gorgeous. Debbie, I've just read some of your earlier posts about your hubby's health problems, and my heart aches for you both. Today in Australia there have been a lot of memorial celebrations for Aussie Vietnam vets - they got a raw deal when they came home after that war. People didn't recognise them as war heroes, in fact they were almost despised, poor blighters, and they have suffered terribly over the years. Finally the government is doing something about compensation, but no amount of money can ever get their health or peace of mind back.
Hugs to both of you.
Gina

Debbie Kathy Lela and Marilyn said...

Gina thanks for the post. I work very hard with a lot of vets trying to get their compensation for PTSD . What really blows my mind is some of them are very decorated Vets and they have to PROVE they were in Vietnam. Makes me so mad i can't see straight sometimes.My husband was with an Australian in 1968. To bad they all called him Aussie and never got a real name. I know Roger said they were tough as nails and not scared of anything or anyone..Debbie

Gina E. said...

Chuckling to read that about your hubby's friend "Aussie" - I have no doubt he was called a lot worse names in his time over there!